Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lunch at World Chicken

It was my last day at internship so I've decided to give in to my whims and try different kinds of food: from pizza, inihaw,  to tokwa't baboy, japanese food and lastly: World Chicken. 


I actually didn't have lunch here myself, I had lunch with a fellow intern mate at Araneta Center who tried to convince me to choose Reyes Barbecue but lines were too long so I opted for World Chicken. 


World Chicken is a "Create Your Own Platter" restaurant where you have various combinations that could go well with your chicken. If you opt to go for 1 side dish, you would pay P 132.00 while 2 side dishes cost P 158.00 (you get carbs, side dish and chicken). 


You can choose the following carbs/side dishes to go with your chicken: ice (Garlic, Bacon Fried, Japanese, Espanyol) or pasta (Asian noodles, Spaghetti Pomodoro, Pesto Cream, Fettuccine Al Tono). Other side dishes include: Mashed Potatoes, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Cheese Muffin, or Fried Banana.


For the sauce of the chicken:  you can order Taragon, Teriyaki, Mornay Cheese, regular gravy, Sweet Chili, Ranch BBQ, Corn and Mushroom, and Farm-fresh Mushroom sauces.


So here, I am going for my choice first:




I went for the 2 side dishes since I was hungry: has fettucinne, potato salad and my chicken had tarragon sauce for it: the verdict, PERFECT. It was enough not to make me hungry until dinner time. I drowned it with a large glass of ice tea for only 26 pesos (large). 


Meal Cost Me: P 158 + 26 = P 184




(Pardon me for the photo of a beleaguered inasal)
Intern mate tried Chicken Inasal and had to wait 7 minutes for it, okay I was assuming because they have it freshly cooked, unfortunately upon seeing it, intern mate got disappointed, he thought it was like Mang Inasal and according to him, it was too salty. 

Chicken Inasal for P 138 + soda, I think it cost him around P 160. 

But then, still because it's lunch time...

The Aftermath of our hunger:



Verdict: After trying, I promise I would come back to try the other side dishes when I am in the mood for Grilled Chicken. 

4 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

I like this too. but i usually get the chicken plus 1 siding only coz i don't get to finish everything if i order 2 sidings. Ranch bbq sauce for the chicken & asian noodles :)

Unknown said...

thanks for the tip. I was just hungry that time I chose two. *burp*

michymichymoo said...

Is this the one in Gateway? I hope they avoid using styro. :\

Unknown said...

@michymichymoo: yeaaah. >.< that's what I didn't like also.

Post a Comment