Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recipe: Monggo Guisado from Filipino-Foods.com

I do not cook too often, the last time I cooked, it was a burnt breakfast (scrambled egg with onions), but I am a fan of delicious Pinoy food and one of my favorites is monggo guisado.

This is probably the best recipe of Monggo Guisado I saw over the net .


Ingredients:
1/2 pound raw mung beans
2 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/4 pound peeled and deveined prawns
1 small tomato, diced
3 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves
Directions:
1. Bring the mung beans and the water to a boil in a pot. Cook at a boil until the beans are soft, about 40 minutes.
2. Mash the beans; set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil over medium heat until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add the pork; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking the mixture another 3 minutes.
5. Gently stir the prawns into the mixture. Cook 2 minutes more.
SOURCE:http://www.filipino-foods.com/filipino-foods/mung-bean-soup-recipe

1 comments:

Veronica said...

I love munggo! We kind of have the unhealthy version though. We put chicharon in it. :)

Join my first ever giveaway: http://beforeiturn25.blogspot.com/2011/12/space-enter-my-first-giveaway.html

Post a Comment