Sunday, December 18, 2011

Going Japanese: Beef Stew Bento Box at Tokyo Tokyo

If you are in the mood for affordable yet yummy Japanese food, you had probably encountered Tokyo-Tokyo a million of times. Tokyo-Tokyo has been a part of my college life since it had a branch in Morayta, Manila (I study in one of the colleges there, check in the About Me section if you intend to know) :) 


So on my visit there last Thursday right after my internship at Araneta Center, I decided to try out one of their new additions to their menu: BEEF STEW BENTO BOX. 


[A fixed photo of the Beef Stew Bento Box I got from Google] 

You can order this ala carte at P 160, but since I was hungry, I went for the set menu which consists of the beef stew misono, vegetables, rice, miso soup, dessert and red ice tea which is for 210.00 and had my drink upsized by adding 20 pesos = P 230.00

My shot:

There are 3 chunks of beef in the bento box, for that alone, I felt that I wouldn't get the worth if I had eaten it ala carte. The flavor of the beef stew was the same to my Filipino pallette, nothing exciting. 


The miso soup was enough to fill in my craving for Beef Stew. It was served hot that was the reason why I love it. 

I didn't took a picture of the jelly and ice tea, but it was delicious. 

Overall, the Beef Stew experience was okay, but I think I would not order it again the next time I'm at Tokyo Tokyo, I can go for other Misono sets. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment